- Donuts - now before you get mad and say "that's just because she's a dietitian..." it's actually not! I hate, and have always hated donuts. There's nothing that a fresh box of Dunkin'Donuts or Krispy Kreme can do to tempt me. Unless you're Entenmann's Chocolate Frosted Mini Donuts. Granny has had those at her house since I was a baby and I could down an entire box.
- Cheez-It Duoz - Words can't describe how much I hate the combination of "Parmesan and Zesty Cheddar" Cheez Itz together in one box. I don't know why they had to go and ruin a good product.
- Juice - Again, I'm just not a fan. We never grew up with juice in the house -- except for Pineapple Orange. We were more of a "Tang" or tea family. So that translates into my adulthood where the only beverages I really drink are water, Gatorade or tea. Although recently sparkling water is tasty too.
- Salt and Vinegar Chips - This is the chip I buy when Joe-Joe really needs something processed, and I don't want to sabotage myself. Salt and Vinegar chips have this odd way of making my mouth turn RAW inside. I think the combo eats away at the protective layer inside and I end up with a burning mouth and super red lips. This could also be because I have no self-control with fried potato products and end up eating 1/4 of the bag.
- Splenda - Ever since I weened myself off of this stuff last year I can't go back. I would so much rather have the calories from regular sugar than the fake taste of Splenda. The same now goes for Truvia. Because unfortuantely, those high paid ad executives fooled me into thinking it was all natural too. Shame on them!
5 Things I ALWAYS Eat:
- Peanut Butter - My mouth waters just thinking about it. Currently my favorite kind is Planters "All Natural" Peanut Butter. It's reasonably priced as well as filled with natural ingredients. No hydrogenated oils or high fructose corn syrup which is pretty cool too.
- Bread - You heard me. I can't give this up. I've realized that if I DON'T eat some type of bread (or wrap) with lunch, I'm starving by 2:30pm and want to go home and eat half of the pantry. Mine as well enjoy lunch more and not be ravenous when I get home, right? Also, if you put Country Crock margarine on top, I'm in carb lovers heaven.
- Coffee - This is my comfort beverage. I drink 1 cup on my drive into work, and then 1.5 cups from my travel mug when I get to work. It's what makes me happy at 730am on a Wednesday. Even better than weekdays is when I can enjoy 2 cups on the couch on a Saturday morning while watching television.
- Stevia in the Raw - To go along with that coffee. 1 packet per cup. I promise if you make the switch just give it 3 days and you'll make your tastebuds realize the difference
- Shakeology - Breakfast on the regular. I have had this for breakfast 6 out of the 7 days in a week for the past 1.5 months. I've never felt better and love starting my day with a delicious tasting shake that I know is really good for me in more ways than 1! And yes, my desk at work is covered in reusable cups.
What's one food you can't live without? What's one that you could stand NEVER to see again?